You, as event organiser, are responsible for ensuring that overall safety at the event is maintained so that as far as reasonably practicable, people setting up, breaking down, and attending the event are not exposed to risks to their health and safety.
These duties will include:
- having health and safety arrangements in place to control risks
- ensuring co-operation and proper co-ordination of work activities
- providing your employees and others with relevant information on any risks to their health and safety
- ensuring the competence of staff to undertake their role safely
- monitoring health and safety compliance
- reviewing your health and safety arrangements
You need to have appropriate management systems in place for each phase of the event to make sure that everything goes as planned and that health and safety risks are controlled.
We can help formulate and collate an event management document, which would include all the relevant information on the event.
This would help manage the event, and could be the basis for a licence application (if relevant).
Even if you think that the event does not warrant such a document, you do need to consider having written documentation to show that you have given careful consideration to all aspects of running and managing the event including health & safety issues, risk assessments, stewards’ training etc.
Contact us today for initial advice and suggestions.